Tuesday 23 March 2010

Life is ..... Realising your mistake and taking responsibility

Hi, yea its one of those days, you wake very happy, or too excited and in no time boom! something goes wrong.

In my local language there is a saying " mbuzi ikakondwa amalonda ali pafupi", which literally means when you are over excited you can end up doing stupid stuff which will make you sad in no time.

Well today I came to work in my happy jovial mood, but something was not right. In trying to fix the problem, I ended up saying somethings which were really un called for. Immediately realising my mistake I apologized and tried to make things right. I was glad I did because at that moment I got the peace of mind after the person I had offended came back to me accepting the apology.

I am not trying to show off or something but just sharing the experience because I know you do go through simillar situations.
The biggest challenge we as human beings have is not wanting to appear stupid by apologizing or just saying sorry. It is a humbling and often times humiliating experience to apologize to someone even when you know that you were in the wrong. One may feel that people will think you are weak by apologizing. The truth is you are strong to apologize because thats a bold step one can ever take. The word "sorry" is the dividing line between mending a relationship or breaking it. How many things, if you look back in your life could have turned out differently if you had said sorry?

Its just my thoughts and I thought I share them with you..
Have a nice day
cheers!

No comments: