Thursday 10 July 2008

WHERE IT ALL STARTED

Hello friends, today I was listening to the very first recording of the songs from our first album which me and my sister Carol recorded at Transworld radio it gave me fond memories that I thought I could share with you.


The project to record the album "Ablaze Kuyaka" started in a very simple manner where my parents first encouraged us that if we want to record our music they would willingly support us.


To get the ball rolling I spoke with Peter K, he was working for Scripture Union, in Area14 , in Lilongwe by that time. He was also leading the "scripture union band" ( I dont remember if the band had another name) and together we rehearsed and recorded the first 10 track album "ABLAZE KUYAKA".

I write today to say THANK YOU, to all the guys who were there to support me and my sister Carol when we recorded this album. Peter K, you were so instrumental in putting up the whole band and sparing your time to help us record the album. Believe you me by then I had no clue of what goes on during the recording and everything that follows but Peter K took us through. I would like also to thank all the members of the Scripture union band at that time (1999), who tirelessly worked with us and even survived the overnight recording at Transworld radio studio in Lilongwe. Dingi J, I appreciate your time and the beautiful tenor that you put in the songs. My sister Carol, you were the best soprano you sang through all the songs tirelessly. And to the one who was doing the recording at Transworld radio (sorry I forgot your name), thanks a million, this was the beginning of a life long commitment to serve God through music and you played a big part.

Many thanks to my parents for the encouragement to me and Carol and providing transport and food to the rest of the band during the recording and shouldering all the expenses during the recording of the album.

Above all thanks to God almighty for all he has done and taking me where I am today with my music career.

Some people may be wondering why I am sharing this, I am writing this because it is important to remember those who have helped you to be where you are today, and also to appreciate how far you have come from.

To be where you are today, remember there is a place and time WHERE IT ALL STARTED! Dont forget where it all started!

Many blessings



No comments: